Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Thanks :)

Thanks everyone for your kind words after my post yesterday. I know it was depressing but I really needed to get it out I guess. I'm feeling much better today and I know it is at least in part due to the kindness and support of you all.

Jenn I think every day about if/how I should talk to him about it. His sister has tried (in a somewhat abrasive manner, but she means well I know) and he just gets angry with her and I am not ready to try myself. Yet. I do believe in God and I pray about it and continue to hope that things can change or that I can find a way to talk to him about his self-destructive behavior. I know that I can't change either of my parents, but sometimes I do wish things were different. I believe that things happen for a reason, even if I don't like them or understand. Maybe I'll be better able to relate to someone someday because of what I've been through; I don't know. I just hope that something good comes from it all.

Well, other than feeling down about my dad, things are going pretty well. I watched Star Wars Episode 1 with Luke last night since Jay was playing in a "glow ball" tournament at work. I love how Luke acts things out with his Legos; he is so creative and it amazes me to watch him grow into a little boy. There is a lot in my life for which I am thankful, and I will try to focus on those things instead of the things that upset me that I cannot ever change.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't get a chance to read yesterday (til now), but wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you...

((((((Jill))))))

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home