Thursday, February 24, 2005

I have beads!

Yay! When I got home from work last night my little box from Fire Mountain Gems was waiting for me. I am a very happy customer and have already placed a new order this morning for the Delica sample cards. I can't wait for them to arrive! Most of the beads I chose were extremely good matches. There were a few that were pretty off from the Mill Hill colors, but will be close enough. I started beading last night; I am really hoping to have Cottage Garden Fairy done in the next few days. Or in the next week. It depends on how much stitching (beading) time I get.

I've been trying to go to the gym more frequently so I didn't even stitch last night until about 9:40 since I went last night (yay! second time this week!). I had such a hard time tearing myself away from it at 11:20 but I knew I'd be tired today (I am). I'd really like to lose another 10-15 pounds to go with the 20 I lost last year. Oh yeah, and be in decent shape when we go to Mammoth next month. I've been trying to add some yoga and pilates to the workout mix to improve my balance. I figure that should be helpful for skiing, right?

Nothing much is going on here. Work is good; I'm very close to making some things work in my latest design and I'm looking forward to the Embedded Systems Conference next month. Three whole nights in a fancy hotel in downtown San Francisco...it sounds divine. I know I'll miss Jay and Luke, but every once in awhile it's nice to be away for a few days or have a few days home alone.

Well, that's about it for today. I'm going out to lunch with a couple co-workers to my favorite Thai restaurant. I *love* Thai food. The lunches are kind of big though so hopefully I can force myself to the gym tonight again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home