Friday, April 01, 2005

I am an Idiot

Yesterday was Jay's last day at his previous job; he started as first assistant at a different golf course today. We went out to get some drinks with some of his co-workers. Oh good Lord, now I remember why I don't drink in quantity, especially during the week. I've recently begun to drink wine. I figure I'm in my mid-20's, it's time to become "sophisticated". Well, several rounds later (and some more drinking at home with one of his co-worker's wives), I learn that wine can make one just as sick as any other libation. It's been two years since I've ended up vomiting from drinking too much; I thought I had learned that lesson. Not so! I did manage to drag myself to work this morning but I am hanging on by a thin thread. I know it was my own damn fault; I know better. Well I was planning to cut out alcohol as part of my diet/exercise plan, so I guess it's good that I have no desire whatsoever to even SEE an alcoholic drink in the near future. I did manage to make it to the turbo kickboxing class prior to the evening "festivities", so that's 4 days in a row. I think I will take a break tonight and recover from my stupidity. Thank goodness it's Friday; knowing that I have the next two days to recover should help me through the afternoon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christine S said...

It's been quite a while since I've done that, but I've definitely done it on more than one occassion! Usually it's mostly just a headache though. I think wine has the tendency to make you forget that it can be just as potent as a shot. I hope you're feeling better today! And congrats on having such a good week for your exercising!

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home