Tuesday, February 14, 2006

A Week Later

I didn’t post last week because I was in a pretty bad mood and was never really motivated. I also wasn’t ready to post anything after the entry about Laura. There was something going on at work that was really upsetting to me, but I’m distracted with other things now, which is another reason why I haven’t written. It has been busy both at work and at home and I’ve had little spare time.

We have been watching the Olympics, of course. It is pretty spectacular with the hi-def TV and all. Well, when the signal isn’t screwed up like it was on Saturday. I’ve been working on the Christening Gown non-stop and will post the pre-Olympics pic that I took soon. I have another day or two worth of eyelets and then I finally get to move on to the cutting/weaving part. I started it January 17th and am trying to finish by March 18th for the baby shower, but it is admittedly a stretch.

Last night we decided, after our non-Valentine’s Day dinner at Outback, to go to Jackson Hole after all. We changed the dates slightly and it ended up being $422 per person for airfare and four nights at the Snow King. We leave March 28th so I have until then to really get in shape. I’d like to ski multiple days this trip and finally move on to intermediate level skiing. I think I’m going to take a full day class that focuses on transitioning from green to blue runs. I won’t improve if I don’t push myself, as I’ve found in other contexts. Now I have to head down to REI soon and get suitable apparel for myself and Luke.

The weather here has been hot and dry (mid-80’s the past few days) and I feel like crap. I can’t tell if it is allergies from the Santa Ana winds, irritation from the lack of humidity, or if I am indeed coming down with something. I was suspicious today that I may actually be sick because I am so damn tired, but that may be due to the fact that I’ve been staying up too late watching the Olympics.

Well, that’s how things are here. Having the trip to look forward to has raised my spirits. Being outside all day Saturday (Legoland) was good also. My house is a wreck though since it was thoroughly neglected this past weekend. Monday is a holiday so maybe I can get caught up then.

2 Comments:

Blogger Terri said...

It could very well be allergies. Everything is covered with lots of yellow pollen here because the weather is throwing the plants and trees out of wack!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Glad your going to get your ski trip in. :) Looking forward to your progress pics on the Christening gown. It is such a pretty piece and fun to do when you aren't in eyelet h - e - double hockeysticks. :)

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home