Wednesday, March 08, 2006

New Stitching Friends...in real life?!

Last Sunday was the first time that the bell choir played at church since I joined. I was aghast to discover that we had to be there at 8am so that we could practice for 15 minutes and then sit around for another 45 minutes while the praise band used the sanctuary. Seeing that I had no choice in the matter, I decided to make the best of it and brought the christening gown with me. Gosh I had no idea what I would be starting.

I pulled it out at 8:15 and, after we were chastised for being “loud” while the praise band practiced (right, because they were soooo quiet while we practiced but oh well) I moved to the cry room with half the bell choir. Some of them were curious about what I was working on, one girl my age used to stitch and has now been enticed back into it again, and two ladies (a mother and daughter) have been stitching for years. They decided while I was in the second service to meet an hour early at practice on Tuesday and bring their stitching. So that’s what we did! I brought the christening gown (which is so close to being done!) and we stitched and chatted for an hour before practice. The two ladies who have been stitching for awhile, I’ll call them J and K, used to shop at my favorite LNS that closed last year. K brought a Silver Lining flower and J is working on TW’s Fruit Bellpull. I am planning to corrupt M (the new stitcher) with a trip up to the new (to me) LNS at some point soon.

It occurred to me today that this is the first time I’ve met stitching friends “in real life” as opposed to over the internet. I have made several stitching friends online that have become friends IRL. I am so thrilled!

Well, I have to go pick up Luke and take him to soccer practice. Thank goodness it decided not to rain after all. I’ll be stitching at practice; maybe I’ll meet someone else who stitches there.

3 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

That's so cool. I have yet to meet any stitching buddies that I hadn't already met online, other than DD. It's nice when I'm sitting somewhere comfortable stitching, and she grabs her project and joins in.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I wish that would happen to me! The only stitching friend I have IRL is the owner of my old LNS that had to close. :(

Sounds like you are doing well on the gown though- can't wait to see it finished! :)

10:18 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Awesome that you got to meet some stitchers. Hope you can continue to get together and stitch! Sounds like fun. :-)

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home