Friday, September 08, 2006

101 Things in 1001 Days

I finally did it; I came up with a 101 things in 1001 days list. Everyone else did this ages ago and I never jumped on the bandwagon. Today is September 8th so 1001 days from now is June 5th, 2009. I’ll add a nifty counter at some point (and I’ll update my blog template at some point too…hmm, maybe I should have put that on the list!).

Personal

1. Reach goal weight of 125lbs
2. Get hair trimmed and highlighted
3. Run a mile in 10 minutes or less
4. Complete Rivendell to Lothlorien walk
5. Give blood

Financial/Legal

6. Create a will
7. Pay off student loan
8. Pay off AAA Visa
9. Pay off Chase Mastercard
10. Increase my 401K contribution to 10%

House
11. Clean and organize hall closet
12. Clean out refrigerator
13. Organize and clean out shoes
14. Tackle Luke’s disastrous room and closet
15. Clean and organize garage
16. Clean and organize walk-in closet, non-clothing stuff
17. Organize hanging clothes in walk-in closet
18. Organize and clean out bathroom cabinets
19. Organize kitchen cabinets
20. Clean off top of the dryer and keep it that way
21. Clean off top of dresser
22. Get actual bedroom furniture
23. Organize movies/entertainment unit
24. Clean up the outside patio

Books/Movies

25. Re-read “Heart of Darkness”
26. Re-read “Tess of the d’Urbervilles”
27. Read a trashy romance novel
28. Watch all three LOTR Extended Edition Movies back-to-back
29. Watch all of “Band of Brothers”
30. Watch the “Rocky Horror Picture Show” on video
31. Watch “The Birds”

Fun/Travel

32. Take Luke camping again
33. Visit England and Scotland
34. Hike the Mist Trail in Yosemite
35. Backpack the PCT/JMT loop from Agnew Meadow to Reds Meadow
36. Go backpacking with my uncle Mike in Washington state
37. Go hiking in Redwoods National Park
38. Attend a Padres game at the new ballpark
39. Take Luke ice skating
40. Go to Six Flags Magic Mountain and ride all the new coasters
41. Go to Yellowstone National Park
42. Go to Glacier National Park
43. Hike to the bottom of the Grand Canyon and stay at Phantom Ranch
44. Go river rafting
45. Take Luke to ride on a train
46. Take Luke to the Monterey Bay Aquarium
47. Attend a “girls only” camping trip with my aunts, cousin, etc
48. Take Luke to the Aerospace Museum in Balboa Park
49. Walk the trails at the Wild Animal Park
50. Go skiing in the Salt Lake City, UT area
51. Visit at least one stitching friend who lives in a different state
52. Take Luke to Disneyland again
53. Take Luke to Medieval Times
54. Go bungee jumping
55. Visit the Palomar Observatory
56. Visit my friend Alison who lives in Houston

Stitching

57. Reorganize and catalog cross stitch stash
58. Finish stitching “Noah’s Sub”
59. Finish “Alpine Seasons” for my aunt Susan
60. Finish Nativity set for old couple at church
61. Start the Mar Bek “Nativity”
62. Start “Medieval Town Mandala”
63. Start Brightneedle’s “Dollhouse”
64. Pick a L&L piece to stitch first and start it…Firefly Fairies?
65. Make a stitching page online and keep it current
66. Start and finish “Grape Threadkeeper Kit” with finishing kit
67. Start Dracolair’s “The Phoenix”
68. Start a Silver Lining flower
69. Start a Marty Bell design
70. Start and finish a big Shepherd’s Bush band sampler
71. Finish “Nova”
72. Make an advent calendar
73. Finish “Mini Mystery I”
74. Attending a stitch-in Saturday at Stitcher’s Treasures
75. Finish “Gypsy Hearts”
76. Finish “Guardian”
77. Print out and organize all of my Chatelaine projects in separate folders

Other crafts/hobbies

78. Learn the entire Rhapsody in Blue on the piano
79. Make prints from my backpacking trip and put into a scrapbook
80. Make a scrapbook of roadtrip to Canada with Maya
81. Make a scrapbook of Hawaii trip with Maya
82. Finish Paris scrapbook
83. Learn how to knit
84. Knit a pair of socks
85. Finish crocheting an afghan for church charity group
86. Finish “63 Squares” afghan

Misc

87. Work through my Calculus book
88. Get prints made of digital pics for my mom
89. Become involved in the PTA at Luke’s school
90. Learn Spanish
91. Take my mom to a spa day
92. Get a new (or newer) car
93. Attend my 10 year high school reunion
94. Hang artwork or something in my office to make it more personal
95. Clean out my purse
96. Bake a pie from scratch
97. Buy a multimeter for use at home
98. Try a new cookie recipe
99. Update my address book
100. Try a new food item
101. Make a new 101 things list

3 Comments:

Blogger claudia said...

That looks like a pretty thorough list...lots of fun tucked in there too! Have fun with it, I'll be looking forward to watching your progress!

6:21 PM  
Blogger paculina said...

Better hurry on the Magic Mountain thing. There's a rumor/possibility it's going to close at the end of the year. Great list though!

And I hear you on the being hard to come up with 101 things! I'm stuck at 91, but I posted my list anyway.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Stitcher S said...

You're way ahead of me. I don't have a list at all, and I don't think I'll get around to compiling one.

Yours looks great, you go girl!

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home