Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Lots of Different Things

For the next few months I’m going to try to focus my blog on stitching, Luke, and not a lot of personal stuff. Most of you who know me know by now that I filed for divorce. That’s all I’m going to say about it here for now; I’m going to try to keep as much of it out of my blog as possible. I imagine I’ll do any venting, crying, etc over the phone so if I have your phone number, well, you’ve been warned. ;)

I have made a blog for my 101 things in 1001 days though I still haven’t linked to it yet. I am going to be the PTA chair in charge of student support/community concerns so that takes care of item 89. 3 down, 98 to go…

Lately I’ve had the urge to stitch small things. Since I went through something of a slump recently I decided that whatever gets me stitching is fine right now. I am trying to focus on Noah’s Sub and finally finish it this year but I’ve been rotating in small pieces also. The other night I started Just Nan’s “Once in a Blue Moon” class kit. I haven’t worked on it much but it’s pretty small so it shouldn’t take long. Luke is always so excited when I pull out Noah’s Sub, though, so I’ve been trying to work on it as much as I can tolerate.

At back to school night I signed up to help in Luke’s classroom for a half hour each Monday. They break the class into three groups and rotate through “centers” Monday through Wednesday. I have the “art center” on Mondays. I am really enjoying my time in the classroom and it sure does make me look forward to Mondays, which is a new thing to me.

I discovered another bit of evidence that I truly do live in the midst of retirement communities. I am acutely aware of this anytime I’m out driving or at the grocery store, of course. I recently discovered, though, that the Longs down the street from my house has magnifiers on cords throughout the OTC medication aisles. I actually think it’s a good idea it was just amusing when I first noticed it.

Luke has decided to be a pirate for Halloween this year. So has his friend, Aidan. We trick-or-treated with them last year and it looks like that’s the plan again for this year.

Well that’s all I’ve got for today. My blogging may be spotty again for awhile but I’ll try to post as much as I can.

5 Comments:

Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

I hope you've still got my number! If you need it, send me an e-mail. I'm serious - I'll be there for you (at least over the phone); I wish we lived closer! Hang in there!!

6:17 PM  
Blogger Faith Ann said...

{{{Jill}}} I've been thinking of you and Luke and hoping that things are going as smoothly as they can. Good luck over the next few weeks/months and I hope that your H doesn't make this more difficult than it needs to be.

5:18 AM  
Blogger Belinda said...

{{{{{Jill}}}}}

I think the stitching smalls is a good idea - the feeling of accomplishment from the HDs should be a much-needed perk at this time...

And good luck!

5:56 AM  
Blogger Stitcher S said...

It's great to have a chance to sit and read blogs this morning, and yours is included in that list, Jill!

You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Bless you for volunteering at school, and on the PTA. Some of my fondest memories are of the times I spent helping out in my kids' school.

I am excited to see you're stiching a bit, too. It really is a good way to relax.

Take care!

9:35 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I'm happy to hear you're getting the stitching bug back. It's hard when you lose interest in something that's such a big part of your life, isn't it? We all go through it from time to time, though. Can't wait to see some WIP photos.

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home