Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Catching up with Old Friends and "I Knew Him When"

Thanks for your comment from yesterday, Christine; that's right, we graduated high school the same year. :) I hope your get together with your old friends goes as well as mine did last night. My two friends had also stayed in close touch with one another, like yours.

Last night was great; I met Cami and Leanne for coffee and Luke played with the train table at the coffee place while we chatted. Cami is in marketing, got married last year, and she and her husband own a condo not too far from us. Leanne is a civil engineer and she recently bought a house in the area where I'm hoping to buy a house in the next year or two (Poway). It was so nice to see other people who I've known for so long who also managed to "get out of town". We still have friends that live in Camarillo where we grew up (some still living with their parents, etc) and we talked about our derelict younger siblings.

Cami, Leanne, and I knew each other because we were on the tall flag (like color guard) team and also in concert band. Well, the guy who was our drum major our first two years (Tom Lenk) is now a minor celebrity. If you google him there are pages and pages of results that come up; some are to fan sites in foreign languages even! I have known Tom since he was Tommy; I was in fourth grade and he was in sixth and we went to the same church and took piano lessons from the same teacher. Then in high school we knew each other pretty well; my goodness it seems so long ago now. A few years back he got a break on Buffy and was a regular character until the end of the show apparently. It's been years since I've talked to him, but I have a friend who is still in touch with him (I think). We are pretty sure that he's gay, which is a major loss for women everywhere (oh those blue eyes, sigh). But he was just the neatest guy and it's really cool (wierd) to read about him online!!

Well, that's enough for today; I have a lot of work ahead of me. But someday when Tom really makes it big I can say "I knew him when..."

1 Comments:

Blogger Faith Ann said...

It's kind of fun to reminisce with old friends once in a while. I've hardly seen anyone from my high school since I graduated (gasp...almost 16 years ago). I see my university friends a little more frequently.

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home