Monday, March 20, 2006

So Busy...

I finished the Christening Gown a week ago and have taken pictures but haven’t yet had time to transfer them from my camera to computer. Soon, very soon… I drove up to Camarillo Friday to get things ready for Maya’s baby shower on Saturday. I bought fabric, ribbon, buttons, etc for the Christening Gown and my mom started sewing. At 10:30pm she said that she thought there was a stitch missing. I discovered, in horror, that she had sewn the gown with the wrong side facing out! I guess it’s a compliment, in a way, right? She woke up early (being a morning person and all, 10:30pm is pretty late for her) and fixed it and it was ready to go for the shower.

The baby shower itself was fine. It was fun to see some people I hadn’t seen since her wedding and bachelorette party. Since the shower was at noon we decided to make it a potluck. One of the ladies who attended the shower brought this incredible pesto pasta dish with toasted pine nuts. She has since e-mailed me the recipe and I’m planning to make it this week if I can find the time.

Work is crazy right now; the next two months I don’t expect I’ll be online much. I’ll still try to update when I can, but I will likely be working some extra hours trying to get everything done. Friday it was decided that we would be doing a new project and the design effort is pretty extensive considering how little time we have to get it done. I am still going to Jackson Hole next week but I will be bringing the laptop. It isn’t such a bad thing, though; I’ll be able to make up some hours which is good. I had to use an extra day last week because I had the stomach flu, ugh.

Well, that’s all I have time to post for now. I will try to get pictures of the Christening Gown up soon. I also finished part 5 of Chatelaine’s Alpine Seasons so I’ll post that soon also. Oh yeah, and I’ve reach 210.5 miles on my “way to Rivendell”.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Yay on finishing the gown. I'm anxious to see pics too. :)

9:52 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I can't wait to see pictures of the finished project. I bet it's incredible!

8:03 AM  
Blogger Suz said...

Congrats on the gown! Add me to the list of people who wants to see pictures!

9:29 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Congratulations on finishing the gown ! It must be a true work of art. Can't wait to see pictures too :)

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home