Friday, May 26, 2006

Hiking and Whatnot

I know I haven’t updated my blog in awhile. I just haven’t known what to say. I’m pretty happy at work right now; I have several projects going and it’s stressful but it’s busy and interesting. Luke has finished soccer and the bell choir has stopped for the summer so I am starting to have some free time again. I'm still upset about the pastor leaving at church but it doesn't look like that's going to change so I guess it's time to accept it. It sucks though.

A few weeks ago I started hiking with a friend of mine from work. He lives pretty close by and every time I bring up hiking to Jay he laughs at me because he has no interest in it (or camping) whatsoever. I decided this year that I am done not doing things just because Jay won’t do them with me. As I said in an e-mail earlier today I am not going to miss out on things in life because he wants to sit around and watch tv whenever he isn’t working (or golfing). He doesn't seem to care if I do stuff on my own so I guess it works out. I decided the same thing about church last year, but church I can attend alone. I am not comfortable hiking alone; it just doesn’t seem worth the risk. Hiking with a friend has been great; my weight is going down and it is really therapeutic to spend some time outdoors since I’m behind a computer most of the day. I’ve had a lot on my mind lately and being tired at the end of the day makes it a little easier to get to sleep though that has never been easy for me.

We took Luke hiking the other day; he did three miles and there were only a couple of parts where he was scared because it was narrow or overgrown. Hopefully we can take Luke again this weekend at some point since it is a three day weekend. Luke seems to enjoy hiking although I get tired of “what plant is this?” questions. I am not a botanist and I don’t have a clue most of the time!

I’ve been steadily working on Noah’s Sub. I hope to take a new picture soon and post it. I have been extremely remiss in posting pictures lately. I was going through old photos at home the other night and it made me realize that I need to start getting prints made of my digital photos. I don’t think I’ve gotten any prints made since I got my digital Elph last August.

Well, that’s about it for my “I’m alive” post. I’ve seen a lot of updated templates lately on other blogs and I’ve been trying to decide what to do with mine. Any suggestions?

2 Comments:

Blogger Suz said...

Maybe you might be able to find a plant guide for hiking so that you can answer Luke's questions. I think it's cute when kids ask questions like that (but hopefully they keep it to butterflies, I don't know much else)

As for the template, just think of what's fun or what you might see or your favorite colors or something, and then maybe you can find a template already done that's close enough and you can just modify it - it's what I did for my previous template. The current template was sketched out when I was trapped in a seminar.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I think you have the right attitude about doing things without Jay. What good does it do either of you if you stay home and resent him for it. I hope you have lots of fun enjoying your hiking all season long! :)

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home