Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Christening Gown Pics

I leave for Jackson Hole this afternoon so I dumped my SD card last night to have room in my camera. Here are the pictures of the finished stitching and the Christening Gown finished as a gown. I started the stitching January 17th and finished it March 13th. I don't usually use the large size photos but I feel it's necessary for this one; just click on the picture to see it larger:





I have been working on Chatelaine's Alpine Seasons since I finished the gown; here is my progress through part 5:



I started Just Nan's Tulip Time for Laura's quilt last night; I'm taking it on the trip and I'm taking another piece of fabric for it so I can stitch it for myself on linen once I finish hers.

Well, that's all I have time to post. I'll write again once I'm home from skiing!

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! The Christening Gown is just incredible! Your stitching is so beautiful, and your mom did a fabulous job sewing it all together. Congratulations!

10:15 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Your gown came out just beautiful as I knew it would. :)

10:26 AM  
Blogger Faith Ann said...

Oh. My. Gosh. That gown is STUNNING!! It is beautiful beyond words, Jill!!!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Jill, the gown is breath-taking! Simply beautiful. Wow... You're inspiring me to try Hardanger. Love your Alpine, too. We're just about at the same point. I'm a little ahead of you on Part 6 now.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

I feel so privileged to have seen your stitched piece in person! It's absolutely beautiful.

Have fun and be safe.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

What a work of love! I hope its going to become the heirloom it deserves to be!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Kiwi Jo said...

It's wonderful beyond words Jill. You should be so proud of yourself and I know it will be a treasured heirloom.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

The gown is amazing! Congratulations on finishing it. It truly is beautiful.

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!!!! Simply stunning!

11:33 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

The gown is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen! Fabulous job to both of you!

9:28 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

OMG!! Jill that is so beautiful and amazing. What a stunning gift. Be proud of such a great accomplishment!

4:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The gown is stunning!! Congratulations (both to you and your mom) on a beautiful finish!!

2:06 AM  
Blogger Erin (moviemuse) said...

Oh, Jill, that gown is simply stunning!!

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home