Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Wierdness

I haven’t had a lot to say (at least not that I’m willing to say in such a public forum) lately but something strange happened yesterday that hasn’t happened in awhile. It started at lunchtime; the vision in my left eye became strange. It was almost as if I’d been staring at the sun and everything was bright and distorted, but only in my left eye. It passed within 5-10 minutes. Within a half hour my left hand went numb, starting with my pinky finger and traveling across my hand, up to my elbow, and then to my mouth and nose. Within about 20-30 minutes it passed and I felt essentially normal except for a slight headache. This happened for the first time 3.5 years ago while I was on vacation to Death Valley and then again maybe 1 to 1.5 years ago while I was home on a weekend. I can’t find a common factor between the three times except it was dry and hot. I’ve called my doctor and have an appointment for Friday morning and have been instructed to go to urgent care if it happens again before then. It’s been suggested to me that it’s stress or a type of migraine. Since numbness and vision problems are also associated with MS (I had some time to search online while on hold with the doctor) I’m hoping it’s just stress or a migraine. Like there isn’t enough going on in my life right now, honestly.

I do have something fun to look forward to, however. My ten year high school reunion is on Saturday. I have a pretty dress and a place to stay and am looking forward to it. I still need to find shoes and a small purse and make an appointment to get my nails done on Friday. I’ve only stayed in touch with a few people from my class and I’m curious to see what everyone else has been doing since graduation.

As far as stitching is concerned I have still been focusing on Noah’s Sub. It is moving along rapidly and I think I will actually finish it this year. I also pulled a Christmas ornament back out that was over half done; I think I’ll try to finish it soon also. Of course while I was working on it last night I got a beading needle stuck in my finger (eye end with floss…). It was extremely unpleasant; it wouldn’t come out initially and I panicked a little but eventually managed to remove it.

On another note entirely I’m thinking about auditioning for a solo in the Christmas program at church. I wasn’t planning to but last night I was practicing for a three-part song and one of the ladies with whom I’m singing said I should and she is the choir director for the local middle school. I figure it can’t hurt; maybe it would even be fun. I don’t think I’ve ever sung a solo. I don’t know that I’d even get one of them but I think I’ll try for it.

Well that’s about it here. I ended having a headache last night after all. I slept really well and feel a lot better today. I’m still going to see the doctor on Friday but I’m relieved to feel a little better today at least.

5 Comments:

Blogger Terri said...

Good luck with your tryout! I got my singing "start" with the youth group of my church and ended up taking voice lessons. I loved singing solo which was a total surprise to people who knew me since I didn't like the limelight when I was growing up (still don't!). Hugs.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Break a leg with your singing audition! I used to sing in the church choir when I was growing up. Actually, it was called a folk group--tambourines and guitars instead of an organ. It was a lot of fun!

I still think you're having migraine symptoms. It's a good thing to get it checked though. Please don't scare yourself with thoughts of MS! I've been there and done that! ; ) The internet can be a very dangerous thing when it comes to looking up symptoms.

Glad you're feeling better!

12:13 PM  
Blogger claudia said...

Good luck with the audition!
Hopefully, you just have symptoms of migraine. They are not fun. (been there, done that) but it's less scary than other stuff that can come up. My prayers are with you!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Good luck on your audition! I'll be thinking good thoughts for you on Friday, too. Hopefully it's "just" (??) a migraine and nothing more serious. {{{Jill}}}

7:45 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Good luck on your audition! Can't wait to hear how the reunion was. How was the necklace?

Sounds like migraine to me too. My vision always gets funny before I get them. Glad you're getting it checked out!

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home