Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Kittens! Kittens! Kittens!

Thanks for the comments again about the house; Sue do you have a blog? I want to make sure I have it linked if you do. :) If not I'm still happy to "see" you online and thank you for the encouragement with the whole house thing. Jay and I talked about it last night and we have decided we will look next summer. When we drove to visit the kittens last night (more on that in a bit!) we drove most of the way to where I'd have to drive if we moved to that area and I've decided the commute is doable-I guess. We will keep Luke in his preschool for one more year and then try to buy a house in Carlsbad the summer before kindergarden. If nothing else, knowing that that house was there should help keep me focused on our financial goals.

So, kittens! We visited the foster house last night. The litter at the foster house was rescued with their mother from the Los Angeles pound at 2 weeks old. Apparently at that age they euthanize the kittens because they don't have the means/space/etc to care for them properly. Thank goodness for organizations like this rescue group that we found. There were five kittens in the litter and the mother and two of the kittens had already been adopted. The remaining kittens were a female tortie, a male orange tabby, and a male black long hair. We were only planning to take two, but I couldn't leave the last one all alone so we ended up adopting the remaining three! I don't have pictures of them yet but I will share them when I do. We should be able to pick them up in about two weeks; they still have to be neutered and the orange tabby is the runt of the litter so he needs to bulk up another 9 ounces before they'll be able to perform the procedure.

Well that gives me two weeks to declutter the house and remove things that kittens can decimate. I am so excited; I haven't had kittens since I was a little kid and I know Luke is going to have so much fun with them. It is a good day. :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah kittens!!! Smart move taking all three...my roommate brought home one of a pair 8 years ago and I still wonder about Lucky's brother now and then. Looking for photos!!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Can't wait to see pics of the kittens!

PS - I love the house!!

5:42 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

No, I don't have a blog. In order to post a response I guess I somehow signed in too quickly and now it looks like I have one!

That's neat about the kittens. We have four cats here ourselves so I understand completely. Two of our cats are a mom and daughter pair, we adopted the mom right before she delivered and we kept one of them.

Enjoy!

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home