Friday, May 06, 2005

Just a Few Things

It's been an up and down week. I looked at the Escondido Humane Society website earlier this week and saw so many cats and kittens on the site (updated the day I checked, so it said) and so we took off early on Tuesday to go adopt kittens. Yeah, right! The lady at the Humane Society was a TOTAL bitch, and aside from that they didn't have kittens "available" anyway. We couldn't even pick them out and pay the adoption fee and wait for them to be ready; her excuse was "they aren't in a public area". Well then why the *hell* are they posted on your website, huh? If she had been a tolerable person I would not have been quite so upset, but man was she awful. I have spoken to a handful of people since then who have had bad experiences with her (or that particular Humane Society in general).

Fortunately I found an awesome cat rescue organization here Kitties I have filled out their questionnaire and we are "pre-approved" to adopt kittens. In another week or so there should be a litter ready for visits and then we go from there. The woman on the phone was *so* nice (and said that many people with whom she'd spoken had complained about the EHS) and it's such a great organization. Rather than having a main shelter with cages they actually have all of their cats housed in foster homes. And it's a no-kill shelter too. So, now we wait; Luke is not being the most patient of course, he wants a kitten NOW, but then he is 4.

And now I have a couple non-related co-worker rants because if I don't say *something* I will go postal on a couple of people with offices near mine:
1. Please please please go to the doctor or just STAY HOME!! I have listened to you cough all week and I'm about to lose it. I can't close my office door because I share my office with another (male) engineer (which is totally unfair since you are an admin and don't need the extra space like I do, but that's a different rant and not your fault) and even with my headphones on it doesn't drown out the racket. Oh good Lord please just GO AWAY!!!
2. Is it really necessary for you to *bathe* in cologne so that it can be smelled halfway across the building, and if you're going to be so discourteous as to use speaker phone all day (at maximum volume) could you at LEAST close the door? See item 1 about why I can't close mine.
3. Is there a particular reason why the construction across the hall has to be done during business hours? If I hear a jackhammer one more time someone is gonna get it.

Okay, that's enough for today. Have a lovely weekend everyone. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Kari Boardman said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Kari Boardman said...

Sorry..I messed up the last post...

Congrats on your being approved! I can't wait to see your new kitty!

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home