Saturday, May 28, 2005

Tagged Again

I've been tagged again, this time by Terri. Since it's about books, one of my very favorite things, I suppose I will oblige and fill it out myself.

1) Total number of books I’ve owned:

Several hundred, maybe a thousand. It's really hard to say!

2) The last book I bought:

"Mostly Harmless" by Douglas Adams; for some reason I had all of the others except for that one.

3) The last book I read:

I just finished "So Long and Thanks for All the Fish" by Douglas Adams and am reading "Mostly Harmless" now.

4) 5 books that mean a lot to me (not those I think are the best, but ones that have a special place for me):

Lord of the Rings-Tolkien: My all time favorite book(s) ever; I re-read them every year around Christmastime, starting with The Hobbit.

The Oval Amulet-not sure of the author: I read this as a kid and it stayed with me for a long time. It is no longer published anymore and if I find it again I WILL buy it.

The Clan of the Cave Bear series-Jean Auel: my dad recommended I read this when I was in college. It is one of the few things he's done right in my life (and I sincerely wish I was exaggerating more than just a little, but that is for another entry). I really hope she finishes the series someday; it's another one that I plan to re-read many times.

The Mists of Avalon-Marion Zimmer Bradley: when Jay and I were dating and we went through an on/off phase, this was one of the books I read in the "off" phase. It was a really emotional time for me and the absolutely perfect book at the time.

The Bible: Despite the fact that I don't have a "home" church right now, my faith is still very important to me. I don't read my Bible as much as I should, but it has been a tremendous source of comfort to me in times of need.

5) Tag 5 people and have them fill this out on their blogs:
Since I'm answering this so late and nearly everyone I know online has filled this one out, I will refrain from tagging this time around.

2 Comments:

Blogger Belinda said...

Oval Amulet: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0060202998/002-6760835-2196011?v=glance

12:15 PM  
Blogger Belinda said...

Hm. Let me put that into a better format:
Oval Amulet available (used) on Amazon.

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home