Friday, November 11, 2005

Photo Site is Down

Apparently the website where I store my photos is experiencing some technical difficulties. I've been considering the idea of getting my own site for awhile, and this just might be the catalyst that I need. I have a friend who has his own hosting site with a huge amount of space that is willing to let me set up my own site there. I haven't done it yet because I'm lazy; I'd have to get all of my photos together and learn how to do a webpage (I know I know, it can't be *that* hard. Didn't you just read where I said I was lazy? :) ).

So for now, the pictures from Halloween in the previous entry have been replaced with the dreaded little red x. Hopefully it will only be temporary.

I have spent the week trying to be more active and healthy; my food choices have been better and I've been exercising regularly. I feel a lot better when I manage to exercise; I know I should be better about making the time. I don't think I've mentioned it here, but I've decided to take part in The Eowyn Challenge. So far I have completed 41 miles and have 417 more to go to "reach" Rivendell. I know I know, it's kind of nerdy, but I never claimed to be otherwise. I re-read the Lord of the Rings books every year right around Christmas (yay, it's almost that time again!) and I've even read the Silmarillion twice. I know there are several other stitchers who are planning to participate in the challenge also so it makes it more interesting. Of course, having my obsessive-compulsive tendencies, I want to do *all* of the distances on the site, not just the one to Rivendell. That should keep me exercising for several years, which is not a bad thing.

So anyway, things have been alright I suppose. We had an election here this week and I am so thrilled for it to be over, even if I'm not happy about all of the results (some of them are okay with me, though). I really hate elections. I almost always vote; I've missed a couple of the smaller elections but don't plan to again. I've registered permanent absentee which really makes things easier. It's all the advertising that really drives me insane though. I hate the television ads. What kind of idiot decides how to vote on an issue based on an extremely skewed tv ad? Talk about distorting the truth. I've actually taken the time to read some of the proposition text this year (it was painful, truly painful) and I am impressed with the creative interpretations that ended up in the commercials. Good grief! And if that wasn't bad enough, we were inundated with junk mail and someone actually came to our door on a Saturday. We'd gone out to lunch and when we returned home there was a flier attached to our door knob with a handwritten "sorry we missed you" note. My goodness I was so pissed. I almost wish I had been home since it was for the mayoral candidate for whom I did not vote. I'm so glad that we just have two cell phones and no landline; at least we were spared from the barrage of phone calls which I'd heard about from my co-workers.

So yeah, we had an election and it's over and I'm glad. Election time always just frustrates me because I am never happy with the choices that we have. I always feel that I'm voting for the person that I feel will be the lesser of evils. I can't remember ever actually voting "for" someone. I always try to vote because I feel that I don't have a right to complain if I don't at least have my say, and I fully intend to complain.

Well enough about that. Just thinking about politics and elections, etc, makes me feel aggravated. I should really wrap this up anyway; have a pleasant weekend, everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home