Thursday, November 17, 2005

Catching Up, Again

I was home sick yesterday; I can tell that I am truly sick when I fall asleep on the couch trying to watch a Lord of the Rings movie. I can’t even stitch while I’m watching those (well, not very efficiently anyway) because I can barely tear my eyes away from the screen. I slept most of the day and feel much better today, though still tired. I did receive some good news yesterday, however; our couch is ready and will be delivered next Wednesday. I had really hoped it would be delivered by Thanksgiving so that I can rearrange the living room and have room for a Christmas tree.

My dad is coming down for Thanksgiving; my youngest brother may or may not be here also. I don’t really enjoy cooking, but I like to have a traditional Thanksgiving meal and I don’t want to go anywhere. Last year I made a turkey with all the trimmings and I’ll be doing the same this year. I’ll be going to the grocery store at lunch tomorrow; I hope it isn’t too crowded. Since I live in an area which has a lot of retirement communities it can be torture to go to the store during the day. I’m taking Luke to see The Jungle Book at his friend’s church tomorrow evening though, so I have no choice but to go tomorrow at lunch. I’m sure the weekend will be far worse than a Friday at lunch time.

Jay still won’t come around on having another child and I am completely heartbroken over it. I’m trying to accept it and appreciate the things that we can do with only one that we couldn’t do with two, but I still cry regularly when I see babies or pictures (like my best friend’s ultrasound picture last week). We’re planning to go to Brian Head, Utah this winter to go skiing/snowboarding so that’s something we couldn’t afford to do with two children, at least not right now. I found a nice resort with a good package that includes 3 nights and four full-day lift tickets. I’ve never been to Utah before and I love to go to places where I’ve never been. It turns out it’s only two hours further away than driving to Mammoth would be, and it’s cheaper (even factoring the extra gas).

I’m also starting to think about Luke’s birthday party. His birthday is January 5th so I’m planning to have his party a week or two after his actual birthday so it won’t be as close to the holidays. He has decided he wants to have it at a place called Pump It Up. They have two large rooms for private parties with a variety of bouncies (there’s a slide, a dual obstacle course, a sumo ring, and a regular bounce house or two). I looked into having a party in the gym at the community center across the street and renting one bouncie, but it was about half the price to just have the party at the bounce place. He wants a Harry Potter ice cream cake and is really excited about it. It’s the first year we’ll be doing a “real” party for him with all of his friends. I’m actually looking forward to it; we’ve been to so many other kids’ parties this year and I know he can’t wait to have his own.

Last weekend I took Luke to Legoland again and he went on the Project X Technic rollercoaster. It is the biggest, scariest ride they have there (not that it’s *that* scary, but he is four). He had a great time and has been talking ever since about wanting to go on the Dragon (which was closed) and the Knight’s Tournament rides. I love rollercoasters so it’s great to see him so excited about them.

It’s hard to believe that this is the same child from the beginning of the year, or even June. Since June he’s done the following: gotten over his fear of dogs, the water (and learned how to swim AND gone off the diving board multiple times on his own), roller coasters, bouncies, and big play structures (like the kinds with crawling tubes, etc). He is also learning how to read and write, which I am really enjoying. I love it when he points out letters on street signs, etc.

Well, that pretty much summarizes the past week. Oh, my stitching site will not be re-built following its crash, so I’m trying to start a new site. I haven’t had a lot of time to devote to it though, so I’ve set up a webshots album for the interim. I’m ¾’s of the way done with parts 10 and 11 of Mystery 8 so I really think I’ll catch up and start beading this month. It looks like I should be able to finish it by the end of the year, just like Mystery 6 last year. I also got the *perfect* fabric for Firefly Fairies; I had Mindy from Sugar Maple Fabrics dye something for it and it arrived last night. I’m planning to start it once I finish Mystery 8, assuming I can find the pattern. It’s time to reorganize the closet; it’s really gotten out of hand.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Just wanted to offer you some ((hugs)) regarding the second child issue. You're right to focus on Luke for now - don't forget to enjoy him while you wait/hope that Jay will come around.

Also I saw your pic of Mystery 6 on the Chatelaine board - Just gorgeous! :)

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home