Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Meme and Some Catch-Up

In catching up on blog reading I discovered that I’ve been tagged by Karen. I actually haven’t been tagged to do this one yet so here goes! I’ll look through my iTunes library and see what I’ve been listening to lately while at work…

Here are the rules; List 7 songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre. Whether or not they have words or even if they are any good but they must be songs you're really enjoying right now! Post these instructions in your blog along with with your 7 songs. Then tag 7 other people to see what they're listening to.

1. “Porcelain” by Better Than Ezra
2. “Here It Goes Again” by Ok Go
3. “Other Side of the World” by KT Tunstall
4. “Divine Thing” by Soup Dragons
5. “Two Princes” by Spin Doctors
6. “We Live” by Superchick
7. “Jupiter Crash” by The Cure

Anyway I was woefully behind on that one since she tagged me awhile back. My blog reading has been sporadic lately!

I learned last week that absentee ballots can be dropped off at any polling location. I registered permanent absentee a couple elections ago but this time I didn’t mail my ballot soon enough to get to the registrar of voters’ office in time. I also gave blood for the first time on election day, crossing the seventh item off of my 101 things list.

Last week at choir practice I auditioned for a solo. Auditions were the week before but I was sick with a horrible head cold. Three other people had auditioned for the solo already so the director is going to have us sing it as a duet, alternating performances (there are three performances total). I figured it would be too late since I wasn’t there so it was a pleasant surprise to get to sing it after all! I’ve been listening to the CD at work all day (with my office door closed; it’s a little early for Christmas music) and it’s becoming familiar. I can’t wait for the concert weekend; it’s a great cantata.

I have been diligently working on Noah’s Sub, at Luke’s insistence. It’s really coming along. I finished the sky last night and just have a few animals on deck to backstitch (the lions, camels, and ram) and the bottom right corner (octopus and jellyfish). I think I really will finish it this year.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

An update! :) Hope all is well with you! Be sure to post a progress pic of Noah's Sub. I'd love to see it again! {{HUGS}}

4:56 PM  
Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

"it’s a little early for Christmas music".

It's obvious you don't live around here - one of our radio stations has already switched to "All Christmas music, All the time"!

3:32 PM  
Blogger Stitcher S said...

Can't wait to see a progress pic!

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home