Friday, November 18, 2005

South Park

I don't think I can embed a picture directly from webshots, so I will have to use a link to show off my Personalized South Park Character. I don't remember where I saw these first, but several people have them on their blogs now and I just love it.

Despite being crude and over the top the vast majority of the time (if not all of the time), I do watch South Park. When I can manage to get past the bawdiness, I can recognize that it is some of the most witty satire I've seen in a long time. This week's new episode was no exception. This week they took on Scientology. Oh my. Now, I firmly believe that a person has the right to believe whatever they choose, but, as one of the characters in the episode said, "some people are so desperate to believe in something that they'll believe anything." There was this part where they were explaining what Scientologists believe, with the caption "This is what Scientologists actually believe" flashed up on the screen. I don't recall exactly; it was something about frozen alien souls dropped in a volcano that died and are the root of all the issues/fears/etc that people have. WTF?? Can that really be true? Well, I found a link at Wikipedia. It even mentions the South Park episode down towards the end of the page. Wikipedia rocks.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sher said...

I have my character saved, but just haven't posted it to my blog yet. My blog is seriously lacking lately. LOL

3:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home