Wednesday, December 07, 2005

This and That

Today is the third day in a row that I’ve had ice on my windshield. This is the third winter that we’ve lived in our current home and I don’t ever remember ice on the windshield. I’m not waking up substantially earlier; maybe it is just colder this year.

The cold has kept me from getting to the gym in the evenings (well, that and the incessant errands I’ve had to run lately). I have decided that, starting today, I will walk home for lunch at least a couple times a week as long as it isn’t too windy or rainy. It’s cold today, but sunny. It’s one mile each way so that’s an easy way to get in two miles of exercise, although the mile back to work takes longer since it is uphill.

I received an e-mail invitation to a reunion group on yahoo for my high school class. It turns out our reunion next year won’t be until October-ish so that gives me a few extra months to get down to my goal weight as I was thinking it would be in June-July. It’s been interesting to see the people who have joined the group so far. I am still in touch with a couple of them but most I haven’t seen or talked to since high school. I definitely plan to attend the reunion; I think it could be amusing.

There isn’t really a lot to say right now. I’ve been busy finishing up my Christmas shopping and trying to finish Mystery 8. I’m over ¾ done with part 12 so it should be soon. Luke was sick over the weekend so I got several extra hours in on Saturday. I finally broke down and let him watch Return of the King. Now it’s time to let him see Fellowship of the Ring and the second half of Two Towers (he’s seen the first half). He wasn’t bothered by any of the movie (we did skip the part with Shelob) and really enjoyed it. I thought he would be scared by it but I’m really glad he wasn’t. He’s been begging to see the movies for ages. He has recently developed an aptitude for swordfighting. We have a foam sword from Legoland and he is maniacal with it and, actually, he has some skills. We bought a second sword but it is too flimsy for the first one so we need another one.

Jay started his new job yesterday and it looks like it will be a good fit for him. Unfortunately it is a lighted driving range so that means he’ll be working late occasionally, like tonight. I think Luke and I will watch The Amazing Race from last night and decorate our gingerbread house.

Well, that’s about it here. I haven’t been exercising much (hence the decision to start walking home for lunch) so I’m only up to 70 miles in my trek to Rivendell. Still 388 more to go…

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Good for you walking 2 miles at lunch time. :) I think most of my weight loss success was from walking. :)

12:38 PM  
Blogger Suz said...

Too cold! Ice yuck!

I wish I could walk somewhere. You'd think a uni would have a track or something *sighs*

10:49 AM  
Blogger Faith Ann said...

I can't believe you have to deal with ice! For *me*, it's normal LOL.

That's great that your husband thinks the new job will be good for him.

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home